You have probably heard that there are changes to the ONS/ONCC Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certificate Course as of this winter. It can be hard to keep up your nursing licenses and certifications, let alone any changes to the processes, so hopefully this post can help simplify the changes.
The ONS/ONCC Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certificate Course will become an online-only course in 2014.
- Registration for the course opens today, Tuesday, December 10, 2013.
- The course will offer 15 contact hours that can be completed at your own pace, between the start and end dates.
- Several courses will be offered each month and will be posted on the website when registration opens.
- The course will allow for self-assessment, which is more conducive to learning, as opposed to the more passive in-person two-day course of the past.
- No one will be grandfathered into the new certificate process.
The coolest thing about the ONS Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certificate Course is that although there are no national regulations or standards required of nurses administering chemotherapy and biotherapy, ONS's certificate is considered the gold standard among most institutions. In taking this course and obtaining this certificate, you will be receiving the most comprehensive education on these complex therapies and will be able to care for your patients as a competent and confident clinician.