The Answer

The answer is A. Use building materials made with asbestos to decrease chances of fire in your home.  

Inhaling or ingesting large amounts of asbestos fibers over a long period of time may cause asbestos-related cancers. Asbestos particles may come into the home on the clothing of family members who work in places with high levels of asbestos. In addition, living in homes or buildings that contain asbestos may increase risk for exposure. When building materials that contain asbestos—insulation, ceiling, or floor tiles—decompose over time or are disturbed by remodeling or drilling, asbestos fibers can be released into the air.  

Regulations of asbestos use have been placed since the 1970s, and in 1989 the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) banned all new uses of asbestos. On June 1,2018, EPA enacted the Significant New Use Rule, which allows the government to evaluate asbestos use on a case-by-case basis. Learn more about how to lower your and your family's exposure to asbestos.