Leadership Development Committee (LDC) members are responsible for ensuring effective succession planning for the Society through assessing interested members’ readiness for Board service using established criteria and a comprehensive vetting process. The LDC identifies candidates who best align with the Board’s needs and ONS’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
Beyond the annual directors-at-large selection, the LDC prepares members who are interested in Board service and directs them to opportunities to develop their leadership skills.
If you’re ready to develop the next generation of ONS leadership, complete the Leadership Development Committee Application by October 30, 2023, for 2024–2027. LDC members serve a three-year term and must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be an ONS voting member for five consecutive years
- Experience, knowledge and skill in leadership roles, concepts, and development
- Evidence of leadership within ONS, professional life, and personal life
- Experience leading and participating effectively in team environments
- Experience and skill in developing, coaching, and guiding others
- A well-developed network with ONS members at local, state, or national level
- Ability to apply DEI principles
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of governance roles and elements of effective boards
- Professional and ethical conduct
For more information on the LDC, visit the ONS website or contact any member of the LDC.
Contact ONS Senior Executive Assistant Jennifer DiVito at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.