To stay informed on policy news that affects oncology nurses, follow ONS Public Affairs Director Alec Stone on Twitter.
Join the ONS Capitol Gang
The Capitol Gang is a group of ONS members who live in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area and volunteer their time and expertise to support our health policy efforts. Their activities include
- Participating in Capitol Hill lobbying days
- Meeting with members of Congress and their staff
- Attending federal agency meetings
- Reviewing and providing input on draft legislation on proposed regulations
- Representing ONS at press conferences or other public meetings.
To learn more about the ONS Capitol Gang and apply for membership, please contact Alec Stone.
ONS Capitol Hill Days
Join your fellow ONS advocates, as they descend on the nation’s capital to effect change in health care and oncology nursing. At Capitol Hill Days, you’ll gather with colleagues from around the country to learn the ins-and-outs of advocating for your profession on a national level. After being educated on conducting meetings with lawmakers and legislators, you’ll be able to engage with your congressional representatives in one-on-one meetings. Learn more about ONS’s Capitol Hill Days.