The ONS Connect editor ensures that the journal’s content supports the news magazine’s mission and is appropriate and appealing to members at all practice levels. He or she selects and works with contributing editors, leads editorial board meetings, and conducts publication programs and activities. This position requires
- A current ONS member in good standing
- 10 years of experience in nursing and five years of experience in oncology or a comparable combination of experience
- A registered nurse with a master’s degree
- Working knowledge of nursing publications and publishing
- A thorough understanding of the topics of interest to oncology nurses at all levels of practice
- Excellent leadership and consensus-building skills
- Strong writing, editing, planning, communication, and meeting facilitation skills
- A wide network of colleagues in oncology, nursing, and publishing
- Mentoring experience
- An appreciation of adherence to production schedules and deadlines
- Familiarity with reading magazines and news online or in digital formats and comfort with the use of technology in publishing
- Ability to travel two or more times a year and participate on at least 10–12 conference calls per year
- A commitment to serve one four-year term with the possibility of one term renewal.
The ONS Connect editor is an independent, paid contractor. Interested candidates should submit one document containing a curriculum vitae, the names of two people willing to serve as references, and journal or publication samples by February 15, 2014. Visit the ONS website to apply.