To stay informed on policy news that affects oncology nurses, follow ONS Director of Health Policy Alec Stone on Twitter.
Join the ONS Capitol Gang
The Capitol Gang is a group of ONS members who live in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area and volunteer their time and expertise to support our health policy efforts. Their activities include
- Participating in Capitol Hill lobbying days
- Meeting with members of Congress and their staff
- Attending federal agency meetings
- Reviewing and providing input on draft legislation on proposed regulations
- Representing ONS at press conferences or other public meetings.
To learn more about the ONS Capitol Gang and apply for membership, please contact Alec Stone.
Nurse in Washington Internship (NIWI)
The 2017 Nurse in Washington Internship (NIWI) program will be held March 12-14, 2017, in Washington, DC. NIWI enables nurses to learn how to influence healthcare through the legislative and regulatory processes. Participants will learn from health policy experts and government officials, network with other nurses, and visit members of Congress.