Your ONS Board has been evaluating the recommendations from the organizational assessment performed last year.
From those recommendations, new bylaws were proposed for the structure of the Board and for transitioning the Nominating Committee to a Leadership Development Committee. All proposed bylaws were overwhelmingly approved by our membership. The work of the Board will now focus on how to implement the approved changes.
Other recent Board activities included the following.
- Development of the 2016–2018 strategic plan
- Re-evaluation and approval of ONS vision, mission, and values
- Vision: to lead the transformation of cancer care
- Mission: to advance excellence in oncology nursing and quality cancer care
- Values: innovation, advocacy, and excellence
- Re-evaluation and updating of all ONS position statements
- Evaluation of regional chapter officer programs, which have been well received and helpful for local chapters
- Update of the Health Policy Agenda for 2016
- Review of ONS coalitions and partnerships with other organizations
- Approval of the request from the National Council of State Boards of Nursing to endorse the Nurse Licensure Compact
- Review of the member satisfaction survey and discussion with staff regarding opportunities to improve member engagement
- Approval of the 2016–2018 ONS International Strategy
- Planning for the 41st Annual ONS Congress in San Antonio in April and Leadership Weekend in Pittsburgh in July
The Board members are privileged to have been chosen by you, our members, to represent ONS during this exciting time of big change. Thank you!